Review: Slik Graphics custom fork decals

Every Yeti rider knows appearances are everything and matchy-matchy is the name of the game. OK, it's not written in any "official" rulebook, but members of the Tribe are still known for doing this, myself included.

My SB150 came with the standard Fox 36 GRIP 2 decals as I bought my bike as a frameset that I built up myself. The standard graphics are not bad and nicely subdued, so they match more or less any color scheme, but I wanted a bit more and decided to hit up Slik Graphics, whom my friends and I have used several times in the past for fork, crank and wheel decals.

Located in Sweden, Slik Graphics have been in the business since 2007 and specialize in fully customizable decals for bikes. They offer a nice range of colors, including metallic and hi-viz, and bespoke kits for different forks, cranks, wheels, etc. Fully custom requests can also be accommodated.

Installation

Installing the decals is a breeze with the included stencilcs. Everything is pre-cut and 100% the same size as the original Fox decals, so you just apply the stencils according to the existing decals, peel off the old, clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol and carefully apply the new decals. I found the old decals easiest to remove with the help of a hot air gun. Fox use a vinyl that's very thing and stretchy, so without heating it would only come off in small pieces.


The Slik Graphics decals

I ordered mine in a special colorway Yeti Turquoise & metallic gold, and opted for their Fox 36 2018 Yeti Edition Decal Kit meant for black forks. The kit comes pre-cut to 100% the same size as the original fox decals and comes with all the decals for the lowers. Only the 36 and Fox logo decals are customizable, everything else comes as standard. You can add a custom fork brace decal. I decided to add the text "LUMIMIES" to mine, which means Yeti in Finnish. I think this is a nice touch to slightly differentiate your bike from others. The fork decal kits cost around 25€ including shipping in Europe, which is about the same as the OE Fox decal kits with the added benefit of fully customizable colors.

The print and vinyl quality is impeccable, couldn't be better! Crips colors, perfect edges and all cuts 100%, nice job! The only grip I have is that the vinyl they use is ever so slightly thicker than the OE Fox stuff, so the white edges are just slightly visible after the decals have been applied. The Yeti turquoise I chose is just a tad brither than the Yeti frame, but overall a nice match.

I have had a set of these on my other bike for about a year and 5000km, and they still show no peeling or fading of the colors. I think it's safe to say the quality is spot-on and I highly recommend these to anyone looking to customize their ride!

Quality: 5/5
Price: 5/5
Colors: 4.88/5



Comments

  1. I have had a set of these on my other bike for about a year and 5000km, and they still show no peeling or fading of the colors.Custom Foil Stickers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment