DIY: Shimano I-Spec EV shifter with Sram brakes


People will probably ask why someone would run Sram brakes and Shimano drivetrain and reasons can be many, but myself I happen to have a set of Sram Guide RS brakes on hand and want to run the new Shimano 12-speed M8100 XT drivetrain to retain wheel compatibility with my other bike.

If you look for a solution to combine an I-Spec EV shifter and Sram Matchmaker brakes you won’t find many answers apart from using the clamp version of the Shimano shifter. The solution is simple: The Problem Solvers MisMatch 2.2 adapter! It’s meant for I-Spec II but will also work with EV. The angle attaching the shifter to the adapter is not 100% perfect, but it works. The Shimano screw used to attach the shifter is only partly threaded so the screw that comes with the MisMatch adapter is a better choice.

See the pictures below for more details!



Comments