Review: OneUp Components lock-on grips


OneUp Components has quickly become one of my favorite component manufacturers for cockpit related items, and it definitely helps to have local representation at my LBS Sporthammer.

Having used their handlebar for about a year now and their grips for a similar time on my previous bike, it was a natural choice to equip my coming Yeti ARC with them as well. 

The grips are available in the following colors:
Black
Red
Green
Orange
Purple
Turquoise

Only one diameter and lock-on option is available. The body of the grips is made of plastic and does not extend to the entire inside of the rubber grip allowing for softer areas close to the tip of the grip increasing comfort. The "leading edge" has ribs to increase grip, and the rubber OneUp have used is nice, but not ODI tacky while still seems to hold up to abuse quite well. I prefer the single clamp design as it doesn't decrease your effective bar width, but still keeps the grips in check.

Verdict

Grippy, nice colors, well made and comfortable. What else do you need? The ~25€ for the pair price is also fair, so these get a full 5/5 stars from me!


Comments