Fox Proframe MIPS - Crash Test

The Fox Proframe helmet I reviewed some time ago under went an unintentional crash test a week ago when I took a high speed tumble at the local bike park. I was riding down a high-speed section of one of the flow trails when my rear end ricocheted off the trail and I was thrown over the bars to the opposing trail bank. Sitting on the bank was a good size rock waiting to crack my skull, but luckily the Proframe got between my head and the impeding hard place and took the blow.



The helmet got a severe dent right above the visor, which cracked it all the way down to the edge of the face opening. The helmet still retained its shape, but needless to say the helmet was toast. I walked away with a slightly stiff neck and a scuff on my forehead. I was actually surprised that the visor stayed intact!



Does the Proframe work? YES! Did I order a new one? No, I went for a "proper" full face helmet and ordered the Bell Full 9. More on that later.

Comments